Information collection and intended use
When ordering or registering on our application, you may be asked to enter the following details to help you with your experience:
- User Type (eg. teacher, student, other)
- Full name
- Year of birth
- Contact details such as phone number, email address
- School Name and place
- Usage data of Users is collected as and when a User accesses, uses and navigates the Pehlay Akshar App.
- Recommendations on making the application more effective and efficient
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our application. Information pertaining to preferences and recommendations for improvement may be collected while you use our services.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in the case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Intended use of information collected
We may use the information we collect from you when you register or sign up for our services, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- Respond to your queries or questions
- To allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- Measure interest in and improve our services to better serve you
- To allow you to subscribe to our newsletter
- Respond to your queries or questions
- Google Play Services
- Google Analytics for Firebase
Protection of Information
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We do not use Malware Scanning
- We use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
To the extent required or permitted by law, we may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
How is User data and information stored?
- Reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures are being adopted to secure your personal data and information in accordance with Indian laws currently in force, including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011. These measures include administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your personal data and information.
- Your data, including your Declared Information, any personally identifiable information or sensitive personal data or information is securely stored using Amazon Web Services which have it’s servers in India. Your data and information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data may also be stored in physical form.
- Third party service providers are engaged to store and process your data. These service providers are contractually bound to follow reasonable security standards to safeguard your data.
- Your email address and mobile number and any other personally identifiable information is only collected should you choose to provide the same and it is encrypted and stored securely. Personally identifiable information is only shared with Administrators for purposes specified to you, with your explicit consent and under the obligation that the Administrators will use such information only in connection with your usage of the Pehlay Akshar App.
- Additionally, a variety of methods such as network and infrastructure security, encryption and manual security procedures are used to secure your information and data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of your personal information / general information / usage data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use. If you think that Pehlay Akshar Foundation or any of your personal information / general information / usage data is not secure or that there has been unauthorized access to the website or your personal data, please contact email@example.com immediately.
- Although Pehlay Akshar Foundation strives to protect your personal information and data, it cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to its site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once your information has been received, reasonable procedures and security features are in place to reasonably endeavor to prevent unauthorized access in accordance with Indian law.
How long is User data and information stored?
What are the system permissions required by the Pehlay Akshar App?
- Microphone - Your system Microphone will be used if voice recording is explicitly requested as part of a Content for the purposes of practice. This voice recording is only stored locally on your system. Your system Microphone will be used if a Registered User creating Content wants to add a voice recording to Content. This voice recording will become part of the Content.
- Camera - Your system Camera will only be used if you want to upload any content on the Pehlay Akshar App using your Camera.
- Access to file manager - This is used by the PehlayAkshar android application to transfer Content to an external storage space. Additionally, this is used to transfer Content to and from an external storage device like a pendrive or SD card.
Do we use 'cookies'?
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our application, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It is also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.Children’s Privacy
We recommend that minors who are below 18 years of age seek parental permission before sending information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. Pehlay Akshar App prompts the User to provide the email address or mobile number of a parent / guardian for the purposes of registration. Children under 18 years of age are neither required to nor encouraged to provide their personal information.Links to Other Sites
By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContacting Us