Work With Us
Pehlay Akshar is hiring!! We are looking for freshers and experienced teachers.
If you meet these simple requirements, do email your resume to email@example.com.
- You are a graduate, in any stream.
- You have very good English communication skills.
- You can also communicate in Hindi and the relevant local language.
- You have at least 2 years’ training in teaching, training or the development sector.
- You have an open and flexible temperament.
- You love to learn new things and grow.
- You are passionate about teaching and contributing to the social sector.
The Paper Boat Project
This is a special and emotionally rewarding project that connects the children from the Pehlay Akshar Schooling program with professionals. Paper Boat gives every volunteer the opportunity to help shape the future of a young child and walk with them as their mentor, teacher and friend.
This program aims to discover and channel the talents of young children from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds. It gives you an opportunity to empower them, help them contribute positively to society. If you have life skills that you would like to share or impart or impart, do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit this form.
In the words of our Paper Boat volunteers:
Sitting and talking to someone who posed such interesting questions on her experiences, made me reflect a lot. I hope I made a lasting impact on her, as she has on me. The most interesting aspect of this was not that she was a mentee and I a mentor, but the fact that she was also a mentor in her own way, and I the mentee.
I am very happy to have been a part of this program. I thank the Paper Boat project team from the bottom of heart for making me a part of this activity all these years. This noble act by Paper Boat is indeed a praise-worthy one. Its value will be felt well into the future, as each kid we have mentored leaves an imprint in the history of CSR in RPG.
FAQs for volunteers
- Depends on your skills. So, you can opt to take workshops or sessions for Pehlay Akshar students and help them learn skills like photography, public speaking, personal hygiene etc.
- You can help children between 10 and 15 years develop foundational skills like functional English, numeracy, self-confidence and communication.
In the words of our Volunteers
I feel happy while sharing knowledge with the students of our Pehlay Akshar program. The children are bright and it’s always a delight to interact with them. I feel blessed. It’s not just the students who learn but I too learn from them. I would highly recommend all employees to volunteer as then they will understand the benefits of volunteering.
I’m happy to be a part of the Pehlay Akshar program. It’s a great opportunity offered by Ceat to serve society. It is a great feeling to be back in school, to teach the kids and spend time with them. I hope more people should come in as volunteers and I'm sure it makes a difference.
KEC, Worli HO
The more we give, the happier we feel. I have experienced this with my volunteering experience for Pehlay Akshar. Getting to see someone happy because of you gives you a happy high. Volunteer not because they need you, but because it will make you a better version of yourself!